Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Health issues (Warning: it might be too much information for some people so brace yourself)
Yesterday I had some rather uncomfortable medical tests done to determine the condition of my ehem reproductive system. A procedure I won't exactly recommend but in the interest of good health, it is a must for all women. I was grateful that my doctor was really kind and helpful in making me feel as comfortable as possible. It seems I have an anatomical condition present in about 20 % of women.

The good news is that it won't affect my chances of conception nor would it make it difficult to carry a child to term. My doctor also discovered a myoma but at this time it isn't cause for alarm. So I had to undergo another medical exam. This time it was really yucky! I wish I was more prepared for the discomfort of an uterine ultrasound. Ewwww! I need to wait a week to know the final results of my test.

In the meantime I need to monitor my blood pressure since there is indication that it is slightly elevated. Well yeah trying planning a wedding with a very limited budget and furnishing a new apartment without having a Swiss bank account and let's see how fast your b.p will hit the roof. hehehe

Sure I can laugh about it now but I have to admit a part of me was a bit concerned. You know the saying "you are only as old as you feel"? Well since physically I don't look my age, I've always lived on the notion that I am healthy. But of course I cannot keep denying the fact that I am 39 years old. It is only when I go for medical exams when reality hits me in the face! Big ouch. I'm not really a big fan of these medical procedures.

My only consolation lies in the comforting words of D who keeps bringing me back to the positive path by assuaging my worries. So with that thought in my worried mind plus my strong belief in the power of the Almighty, I am trying to be confident enough to face the obstacles I might encounter in the near future. =)

No comments: