Saturday, April 17, 2004

Gratitude
From the bottom of my heart, I want to say thanks to everyone who offered their prayers and good wishes for my dad.
He's home now staying at my place.
He feels better but still weak from the meds.
Still the 'life' of this family with his boundless sense of humor.
He is the only one who can make my mother laugh.
But he doesn't like feeling 'useless'.
Being the only guy in this family, he takes it upon himself to do everything.
He kept apologizing for ruining our Easter by getting ill. Like it was his fault! GOSH!
Now, he has 3 strong willed women on his case 24/7 telling him to take it easy.
We have always been very close because being abroad most of our lives we only had each other.
Ultimately, it is my parents' devotion to each other which defines this family.
Whenever we girls go out, Dad would SMS me: Pls say hello to my beloved & take care of her.
Mom whispered to him as he was lying on his hospital bed: "You are not going anywhere, we are going to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary together."
These heart warming thoughts sustain me every single day as the sun rises.

No comments: