Monday, June 28, 2004

Monday Music Mambo
Get out your dancing shows everyone, it's Mambo time! And this week, it's a special Mambo! Let's warm up a bit this week.

Using the word "Survivor" (no, not the band...you'll see in a few minutes) list some bands you like, song titles or little tidbits about yourself for us to get to know you. Have fun with it!

"Sway" - Bic Runga
Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

"U make me wanna" - Blue
U make me wanna call you in the middle of the night,
U make me wanna hold you till the morning light,
U make me wanna love, U make me wanna fall,
U make me wanna surrender my soul.

"Reason, The" - Hoobastank
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

Vertical Horizon's "Best I ever had"
But it's not so bad
You're only the best I ever had
I don't want you back
You're just the best I ever had
The best I ever had

"Insensitive" - Jann Arden
Oh, you probably won't remember me
It's probably ancient history
I'm one of the chosen few
Who went ahead and fell for you
I'm out of vogue, I'm out of touch
I thought that you might have some advice to give,
How to be insensitive

"Victims of Love" - Joe Lamont
Victims of love are broken down unfair
so sad to see the debris
scattered everywhere
victims of love , still cannot believe
we are the victims of love
we cannot retreat

"Officially Missing You" - Tamia
Well, I wish that you would call me right now
So that I could get through to you somehow
But I guess it's safe to say, baby
Safe to say that I'm officially missin' you

Right here waiting - Richard Marx
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you


Now it's time to Mambo like crazy. This week we're doing a "Survivor" Mambo. Let's play record executive this week. You have the choice to vote off up to 10 artists and musicians off the "Survivor --- Mambo" Island. Who would they be and why?

1. Christina Aguilera - needs a make over!
2. Avril Lavigne - at her young age, she's too angst ridden
3. Justin Timberlake - gets on my nerves
4. Eminem - need I say more?
5. Sean Paul's grating voice gives me a headache
6. Janet Jackson - too mushy, pretty girl image ackk!
7. Mariah Carey - covers my ears from the shrill
8. William Hung - can't you tell they are mocking you?
9. Jessica Simpson - dumb blonde isn't funny it's sad!
10. Metallica - too loud!


So let's get out there and Mambo like crazy!

No comments: