Tuesday, June 15, 2004

My thoughts in bullets
  • Yahoo! Mail made some service changes.
    As of June 15, 2004, they added the following benefits:
    Increased storage capacity from your current level to 100MB.
    Increase in total message size to 10MB.
    A streamlined interface that's even easier to use.
    This is interesting, I wonder who receives that much mail everyday. I guess we all can do with more storage. My wish though is they come up with brighter interface colors. The ones they have are so dull.

  • Alright so Euro2004 has kicked off in Lisbon, Portugal. I am an avid SOCCER fan. I grew up watching Paolo Rossi, Socrates, Rumenigge, Dino Zoff, Maradona. I even collected cards and made a scrapbook of all the players per country. My favorite teams are France and Italy. My favorite players are Zidane, Del Piero, Luis Figo & Fabian Barthez. Now I barely get to watch any matches. Because I live in a country where basketball, boxing and badminton are the sports that make the headlines. I just have to contend myself with reading websites.

  • I watched Harry Potter 3 The Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday. I fell asleep because I'm not really into it. I just accompanied my sister. After the movie, I asked her a lot of questions, she agreed to explain if I bought her the 5th book. I said sure but now I saw it sells for P1300. Hmmm what did I get myself into?

  • Beyond Borders had the potential to be a classic love story. But it failed. There was no chemistry between Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen. Set in different parts of the world because they were working for relief organizations, their dedication to their cause is admirable. But overall, it was just ok.

  • Horror movies are something I avoid at all cost. But since I had nothing more to borrow, I said ok let's see what "Gothika" is about. Not advisable to watch it at 3 AM with thunder, lightning and heavy downpour to boot. It was dark, morbid, had scary music, ghosts and a gruesome murder. All the ingredients of a horror flick. Only thing that pleased me was "Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit. A song I downloaded several months ago.

  • I think I'm one of the few people left on this earth who hasn't read "The Da Vinci Code". I merely scanned the Time Magazine article when it was published. But after reading his other book, I got hooked. I told my sister to see if she can borrow it from La Salle Library. The university where she is taking her Masters in International Relations. Only thing is I'm a slow reader. I hope I can finish it within the allowed time. I fall asleep when I read before bedtime. I'm blind as a bat, my fear is that I will worsen my already failing eyesight by reading too much. I even resorting to using a magnifying glass to make the letters bigger.

  • This reminds me I need to get my eyes checked before I leave for my trip. I wonder how much a non reflective, ultra thin, astigmatism corrective lenses cost at Sarabia Optical. Also a box of disposable, extended wear contact lenses. Extra expenses for someone stuck in 'broke ville' eternally. It makes my head hurt thinking of bills, bills and more bills.

  • I promised Iyad 2 weeks ago, I would call him long distance. It's not that I can't afford it, or I don't have the time. It's just that now that I think about it, it seems like it isn't the right thing to do. I don't know. I'm confused. I keep in touch for old times' sake. After all we are still friends. But it doesn't give justice to the phrases 'Moving on' and 'Letting go'. Sending each other SMS messages every week is not enough. I so desperately want to hear his lovely accented voice again. It's like a craving. An aching need. I don't know why I put myself in such a position. As if I am not stressed enough from worrying too much about bills, my trip, my parents' health, my health. I never learn!
  • No comments: