Thursday, September 16, 2004

Breaking News
Earthquake shakes Metro Manila,
Luzon area
Updated 04:11am (Mla time)
Sept 16, 2004
This story was taken from www.inq7.net

AN EARTHQUAKE shook metropolitan Manila and parts of the main Philippine island of Luzon early Thursday morning, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) said.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damages to property.
The quake, which occurred at 3:10 am Thursday and measured 6.2 on the Richter scale at the epicenter recorded at the Manila trench near Balanga, Bataan, was felt strongly across the metropolis and nearby provinces, PHIVOLCS said.

Yes I was still awake when I felt the earth move under my feet!
I had just finished watching CSI: Miami at 2 a.m.
I was in bed reading when I noticed the electric fan was swaying.
Then some stuff starting rattling.
I panicked and got out of bed to wake up my sister.
We bumped into each other in the hallway on the way to each other's rooms.
It was pretty intense and quite shaky.
Geez times like these, I wish I didn't live on the 12th floor!

No comments: