Saturday, November 27, 2004

To rattle off a few thoughts
  • First I'm glad that Angelito Nayan, the diplomat/UN employee who was taken hostage along with 2 of his colleagues was released safely. He's now home and I'm sure grateful that this horrific incident is over.


  • I'm now more picky regarding movies I watch at the cinemas. A few like "The Manchurian Candidate" and "National Treasure" I expressly didn't bother spending my limited funds on. However, I do intend to catch "Alexander" and "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" soon. I have to admit I don't like Colin Farrell but movies like these are best seen on a wide screen. As for Bridget Jones, two words: HUGH GRANT!


  • In my effort to curve my chatting addiction, I made a choice several months ago to just log on to my Y!M and MIRC. Little did I know that some of my friends who were on my MSN Messenger list were actually missing my ebullient presence. Especially since one of my good male friends in Dubai needed me to console him during his 'crisis' and I wasn't there! I feel bad for neglecting him but I felt worse knowing that one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life has fallen into hard times. May God bless him!


  • Speaking of friends, a couple of them have decided to move to another city and start over. All for the sake of the bigger salary and even bigger responsibilities. I for one am constantly amazed how people can just leave everything and start over fresh. It certainly takes a lot of guts, something I'm afraid I never had. I wish both Iyad (my immediate ex) and Aoff - good luck in their new endeavors.


  • For some strange reason, my monitor has been acting up. It flickers then turns blank. To remedy the situation I would tap it several times. So I end up hurting myself. I got fed up so I yanked it off my computer table, got my old Compaq Presario monitor, installed it and voila it works. Incident free. Times like these I wish I had a 'handy' man around to carry heavy items for me. Isn't that what guys are ONLY good for? :D


  • Having lived abroad most of my life, I'm still not used to having Christmas trusted upon me as early as September. Now I feel like I'm the Grinchette of the 12th floor! Everytime I pass by the corridors and see my neighbors' decors on their doors, I make a mental note to myself "It's time I get into the Yuletide spirit and set up the decors at the condo". But I still haven't done it. I usually get them up December 8 and take them off January 3. I've never been a Christmas-y person. Even if I listen to Christmas carols repeatedly, I don't get myself wholeheartedly engrossed in the whole merry making and spreading cheers spirit. Yes, I am a scrooge!


  • Here's an interesting game. Try it. I never seem to go beyond 9 meters!
    How far can you go?


  • Another 3 day weekend, this week. All these days off, no wonder we don't progress! But I guess people do need to unwind from time to time. It's good for the soul.
    So enjoy and have fun!

  • No comments: