Friday, December 17, 2004

Greeting cards have all been sent
Yes I've mailed the real ones through snail mail.
Only thing left are the e-cards, which I'm hoping to do this weekend. When I still have time to really sit down and scout through all the websites. We all know how tedious that task can be.
But I like doing it to spread the Yuletide cheers.
Oh I just received my first Christmas e-card from my 'sis' best friend, Donna. Woohoo I'm smiling.
For me it's the thought that counts.
Simple things make me happy.
I took a break from downloading foreign songs and instead searched for Christmas carols through this program. Then I burned them onto a CD and listen to it constantly.
I didn't do any Christmas shopping for myself or anyone for that matter, this year.
I'm broke and I didn't want to start the New Year penniless.
So that should serve as a warning for you ... do not get me to be the godmother of your kids. I'm terriiibly kuripot (cheap)!
But I've already bought the food though.
They are all stored in the ref.
I'm just waiting for Christmas to get here already so I can binge. I still have the sniffles thus I've lost my appetite. I've lost weight (at least that's what I keep telling myself) so my stomach is all set for pigging out. Bring it on!
It seems I'm in for a more solemn Christmas this year.
Despite unfortunate events in my life this year like my father suffering a mild stroke and me being single (yet again), I am still very grateful for the blessings showered upon me and my family.
So let me end by posting the lyrics of my favorite Christmas song, this year.
It's a lovely song and I sincerely wish for it not only during the Holidays but eternally.

My Grown up Christmas list.
Do you remember me
I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you
With childhood fantasies

Well, I'm all grown up now
And still need help somehow
I'm not a child
But my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
My grown up christmas list
Not for myself
But for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up christmas list

As children we believed
The grandest sight to see
Was something lovely
Wrapped beneath our tree

Well heaven surely knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal
A hurting human soul

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up christmas list

What is this illusion called the innocence of youth
Maybe only in our blind belief can we ever find the truth
(there'd be)

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end, oh
This is my grown up christmas list.

No comments: