Sunday, December 04, 2005

I'm back
Well I'm sorta, kinda back from my hiatus.
But not entirely.
Because you see, I am still monitor less.
Actually I do have another monitor but it is currently on loan.

Long story!

So what have I been up to?

Let's see:
  • I had a haircut.


  • I met up with my college friends which was fun because we only see each other like once in a blue moon.


  • We exorcised a ghost. At least that's what I thought it was. For the past weeks, I would hear a rustling sound whenever I use the bathroom upstairs. At first, I tried to ignore it thinking it was probably the draft from the vent. Then when I told my sister about it. She said she noticed it as well. So we called a priest to bless our entire house na rin. Because it would seem rather odd if we told him to simply sprinkle holy water in the bathroom of all places. So far I haven't heard the sound again.


  • I went to Tiendesitas, I love the place!

    Tiendesitas

    Shopping galore. Novelties, Plants, Antiques and Delicacies all in one vast area near the C5. Nice ambience too.

    Tiendesitas


  • I bought a lot of books at the National Book Store warehouse sale. Enough to fill up one whole row on my book shelf. Great bargains, novels were priced at only P50/P100!


  • book shelf

  • Speaking of books, I finished reading the book I used to blow up my monitor. Salman Rushdie's "The Ground beneath her feet". All 575 pages of it. Phew!


  • I bought a pink t-shirt. Me the one who wasn't into pink. Go figure!



  • I watched Harry Potter, twice. Yeah yeah yeah, I know! But I was really bored so my sister literally dragged me to watch it with her, two times. It was ok but I didn't bother reviewing it on my other blog because frankly I would just get all the names wrong.


  • I've set up the Christmas decors/lights in my place. Quite early since I usually do it on the 8th of December. I'm not really a Christmas person which is ironic because I live in a country where we they start putting up the decors as early as September. For me, it is overrated, we forget the true meaning of the day. It isn't about the gifts, the lights, the ornately decorated trees, Santa Claus or the office parties. It all seems meaningless when you are sitting in your car loaded with gifts and totally drunk after yet another party. You stop at a red traffic light and this tiny homeless urchin knocks on your car window begging for alms. Oh I don't know. I'm being way too righteously melancholic. I guess the older I get, there is an aching need in me to seek a significant meaning to my existence. Either that or I'm just getting way too cynical for my own good.


  • By the way, today is the 2nd anniversary of my blog.
    Hurray! =)

    No comments: