Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The days of wine and roses
No, I didn't drink any wine nor did I receive any roses.
I was referring to the Andy Williams song.
My sister and I played chaperone to our parents Valentine date.
Since dad has some difficulty driving at night, we drove them to the Araneta Coliseum for the concert.
So my sister and I hanged out at the Gateway Mall.
Geez.
The whole place was swarming with people.
You see it has been ages since I've been to Cubao.
I mean it must be like over 10 years now.
So I don't know if the Gateway Mall is really that crowded.
Or since it was V day the entire population of QUezon City were out in droves.
Finding a table at restaurants was an arduous task.
Long queues everywhere.
After shuffling from one diner to another, we found a table at Cibo.
We munched on heart shaped bread that accompanied our penne.
By the time we were done, it was too late to catch a movie.
So we just parked ourselves at Figaro, overdosed on caffeine while people watching.
Ladies with roses.
Guessing if couples were still single or married.
Guys fumbling with credit cards to pay for their meals.
Whole families wearing red outfits.
So yes I survived Valentine's Day 2006.
Out in public without a date.
Without a rose.
It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.
Besides the huge smiles on my parents faces from enjoying the concert was worth it.
After all, isn't that what love is all about?

No comments: