Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tech news with a splice of uploading one's life
Apple Computer Inc., the company that manufactures the ubiquitous iPod have agreed to pay Creative Technology Ltd (Singapore based company) for the use of a key patent. The news is better explained in this article.

On a personal note, I think I am one of the very few people on this planet who doesn't have an iPod. My sole reason is I don't need to own one.

But on the occasion of my father's birthday, my sister and I bought him this "toy". Zen Nano Plus We got him the dark blue one. It's really small and lightweight. It looks like a lighter.

I've been busy uploading songs into it and will return it to my Dad, this weekend. In the meantime, Sis and I play a game of "rock, paper and scissors" to settle who listens to it. My 'revenge' - I uploaded songs from my PC so she has no choice but to listen to Andrea Bocelli and Il Divo (among others) crooning songs in a language I am not fluent in but somehow soothe my tattered nerves.

As to why my nerves are frayed, well that's a different (blog entry) story. Or maybe not. I guess there are certain things best kept private. So I will just end with this quote from: "The Weather Man"
"Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life."

No comments: