Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Sunday fix
  • Sunday family brunch/lunch with my parents. At the mall or their house or here in my loft. Great bonding moments!
  • Eavesdropping on other people's secrets on this website.

  • Listening to the radio on my cellphone all day. Oldies, 70s songs, 80s fare. Songs from Tom Jones, The Cascades, Bobby Darrin, Brenda Lee, The Beatles, Andy Gibbs, The Eagles, Kenny Loggins, John Waits, Tom Petty, Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams etc. Tunes I grew up listening to so nostalgic sentiments wash up all over me.

  • Filling up the countless raffle coupons from the different supermarkets which my mother forces me to do. She is somehow convinced I'm lucky although I haven't really won anything major like a plasma TV or a brand new car. Ugh!
  • I end this post with a few lines from one of my favorite songs of all time:


    I beg your pardon
    I never promised you a rose garden
    Along with the sunshine there's gotta
    be a little rain sometime
    When you take you gotta give
    so live and let live and let go
    oh oh oh oh
    I beg your pardon
    I never promised you a rose garden

    No comments: