Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ouch
I woke up this morning with a sharp pain in my right shin.
I don't recall bumping into any furniture.
Neither am I a somnambulist (as far as I know) so I didn't bruise myself subconsciously by accident.
Then I suddenly realized the culprit.
It must be high uric acid level coupled by an increased intake of salt.
I have been popping nuts and buttered (salty) popcorn like candy.
Specifically this really big tin of Planters assortment of walnuts, almonds and cashews which my aunt gave as pasalubong and ever since we got a microwave for Christmas from my parents, not a day goes by without the sound of corn kernels popping away.
Take note I didn't say I was getting old because in my humble opinion, it has nothing to do with age but with lack of self control and discipline to know when to cease and desist. I'm guilty as charged. I will just hoard up on the Salonpas patches, because no way I'm going popcornless, any time soon. Thank God for Salonpas patches, I can limp my way around.

No comments: