Saturday, October 20, 2007

Birthday recap
Birthdays in my family have always been special occasions more so than Christmas. It is during birthdays when we splurge and shower each other (well we are only four anyway) with gifts. The usual practice is to eat cake once the clock strikes midnight followed by the opening of gifts. This year I had mocha walnut cake and received 2 books, 3 vcds, a gorgeous Lady Rustan's brown leather bag + gift certificates to my favorite stores all courtesy of my very generous family.



Lady Rustan leather bag

my birthday gifts

Our original plan was to have Chinese fare (I've been craving for fried rice for days now) at Shanghai Bistro at Eastwood City in Libis, then proceed to the Greenbelt/Glorietta area for some shopping where D would eventually join us for dinner at Cabalen. As fate would have it, my sister's brand new Acer laptop developed a technical glitch so our lunch was delayed while she berated the technical support guy over the phone for coming up with a product that chose to use the very faulty Windows Vista for its operating system. (More on this topic when I post about my brand new PC!). It was already 2pm when we finally shoved off to Libis totally unaware about the unfortunate incident which occurred in Makati. I received several frantic text messages from D who asked if we were already in Glorietta. I believe that if we didn't get delayed by the software glitch on my sister's laptop, we would have been in Glorietta around the same time the explosion went off. A blessing in disguise, indeed. By the time we reached Libis, Shanghai Bistro was already closed so we ended up having something known as the Manila Bay boodle feast at Blackbeard's Seafood Island. A complete meal for 4 people which consists of bagooong rice, sisig, fish, crab, squid, fishballs along with a serving of bulalo soup.



After shopping at the shops located in the Cybermall at Eastwood City where I was able to buy 2 blouses which don't make me look like a stuffed squid, we made our way to the Trinoma branch of Cabalen for dinner. The Ayala Land Corp. owned mall in the Quezon City area which is conveniently located just 10 minutes away from D's residence. We all had a great time bonding together over the buffet fare of local dishes that I totally forgot to take a picture of the food. But now I finally have a picture of me and D (together with my family) which sorry na lang won't be posted on this blog. :D

This was definitely one of my most cherished birthday celebrations ever not to mention the fact that this MIGHT be my last birthday as a single person. I was happy beyond belief surrounded by the most significant people in my life who shower me with so much unconditional love and overwhelming support, I can't ask for more, really!

No comments: