Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oscars

I like watching awards shows. I really mark the dates on my calendar and make sure I wake up early to see it, live. I normally first switch to the red carpet pre-show parade of stars in their designer gowns. Most of them look really fabulous completely adorned with really expensive pieces of sparkling jewelries. While others tend to fall in my I.won't.be.caught.dead.wearing.such.a.hideous.gown category.

I wonder what preparations the stars go through weeks before the grand event. They probably exercise, lift weights or starve themselves. Well I won't be surprised if some of them go for a nip here and a tuck there. After all, I'm sure with their huge earnings they can surely afford a Liposuction to enhance their figures.

Being a movie buff with a reviews blog, I try to watch most of the nominated films. Unless of course, they fall in the sci-fi and/or horror category. In that case, I will just catch it on TV. This year I've managed to see 5 of the 10 nominated movies for Best Picture. I want "The Hurt Locker" to win!

So on March 8 at 6:30am - it's a date for me at the Oscars. I'll probably still be in my nightie nicely parked in front of the TV with a mug of coffee to soak in the glitzy glamor of tinsel town. I can't wait!

No comments: