Saturday, June 12, 2010

Standing in Line

This past week has been pretty hectic. I did a lot of standing (in line). You see the thing with these film festivals is that they are free of charge so they implement a first come first served policy. But you still need to get a ticket to watch. Normally, they would release the tickets 1 hour before screening time. Then you can only enter the cinema 30 minutes before the film showing. Since it is free, expect a long line of moviegoers. It is interesting to note the different personalities. Senior citizens, students, yuppies and mind you even construction workers patiently line up. So I was in queue to get tickets, then I had to line up again to enter the cinema. In between watching movies I would be at the hospital waiting for my turn at the OB GYN ultrasound department.

For me it was a minor inconvenience (because I was able to watch 4 films) but what I can't really stand (literally hehe) is waiting in line at the taxi stand. Because more often than not, the taxi drivers will ask for your destination and once they find out it is a traffic prone area, they refuse to accept your fare. Ugh. I've lost count the number of times we were bypassed by a cab. It is such a frustrating experience.

At times like these, I wish I was back in Dubai or even Singapore for that matter, their taxi service are top notch. Their cabs are always well maintained and very clean. No broken door handles, no strange smells and most of all their drivers are courteous and won't EVER refuse a passenger.

Oh well c'est la vie in jolly old Pinas which coincidentally celebrates its 112th independence day, today. Maligayang Araw ng Kalayaan, Bayan kong Mahal! =)

No comments: