Monday, January 17, 2011

Fashion at the Golden Globes 2011

The Golden Globes are presented annually to honor the best in both the film and TV industry. I like how the Hollywood Foreign Press Association combines both medium in one show with Ricky Gervais as its host for this year.

I've seen some of the films nominated, while the rest are in my file of movies to watch. I just need to find the time to do so. As for the TV shows, some I watch, some I'm familiar with while the rest don't make it to this part of the world.

This year, these lovely gowns make it to my list of best dressed.


Natalie Portman who won as best actress for "Black Swan" is one of my favorites. She is cute and talented. Here she manages to hide her baby bump in a subtle way.


You need a nicely shaped face to be able to pull off such a short haircut. And Michelle Williams succeeds both in her ruffled gown and her hairdo.


I think that Nicole Kidman can wear anything and get away with it. Here she is luminous as ever with her simple yet elegant off-white gown.


I like how Jennifer Lopez added that sheer bolero to accentuate her simple Grecian inspired flowing white gown.


Claire Danes' hot pink long dress is elegant and stylish and fits her body shape quite well.


Julie Bowen who stars in one of the most funny TV shows (Modern Family) looks radiant. Her light gray gown with flowery accents suits her skin tone.





Ok so this vampy red gown worn by January Jones from Mad Men certainly DOESN'T make my list of best dressed. Yet I included it because when D saw her, he said 'ganda ng suot niya'. I simply snickered with my eyes rolling in all directions. Then I teasingly asked my beloved hubby 'would it be possible for me to wear something like that?'. His answer "absolutely NOT". We both ended up laughing so loud!

P.S
I don't have the body to pull off something ehem that thrashy nor would my social calendar ever merit me to wear any gown, elegant or vampy for that matter. :D

No comments: