Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chivalry

Even though I mentioned in one of my previous posts that D was against me taking the MRT again, I believe it is the faster and cheaper way to get from point A to point B.
Today I was extra happy when a young guy gave up his seat for me. Here I thought that men being chivalrous in this country was a dying breed, I was fortunately vindicated.

But on a serious note, I believe that good manners is really lacking in today's society. Gone are the days when men would open doors for you or let you alight first from the MRT or the elevator. There are also some people who will talk really loudly on their cellphones at the cinemas or worse during Mass. Just the other day, my neighbors had a really ear piercing karaoke session. I tell you it was really reverberating through the walls, the loud bass gave me palpitations.

Some people have simply lost proper decorum and behave like crude, crass human beings who have no consideration for others. That my dear fellow bloggers is a very lamentable fact. We need to revert to our moral compass and behave like a civilized society and make the world a better place. Now na!

No comments: