Sunday, September 04, 2011

Funny queasy feeling

It has been almost two weeks since my sister left and I've fallen into a slump. A general sense of malaise has encumbered me. I have lost my appetite. I feel sleepy, most of the time. Sometimes, I'm overwhelmed with hot flashes that make me sweat buckets of perspiration. Other times there is this funny queasy feeling that resembles the sensation of having butterflies in my stomach. The same sentiment one feels when one is in the early stages of a new relationship.

I consulted my doctor about it and she said it's the effects of the injectables coupled with the meds I need to drink on a daily basis. But somehow I feel there is more to it. Or perhaps it is just my paranoia creeping in along with fatigue. Drinking peppermint tea soothes my nerves. Taking a nap in the afternoons also allows me to regain my balance.

Hopefully I snap out of it sooner than soon. It isn't a pleasant feeling that I wish to sustain in the long run. I am slowly losing the battle in my quest to maintain a positive attitude in life.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

I need to believe in this quote by Winston Churchill and turn it into my mantra!

No comments: