Sunday, December 09, 2012

Tis the Season to be broke

Even though it is also the season for bonuses, money just seems to fly out way too fast from my wallet into the cash registers of the malls.  Watching all those TV shows about how to handle your money where the experts advise the public to make sure to save 30% of your bonus just depresses me.  It is really hard to budget, nowadays.  But I guess I have no one to blame but myself.    I did set aside a (small) portion of the bonus, but I was too lazy to fall in line (really long queues, mind you!) at the banks to deposit it into our savings account.  Then what do you know? I ended up using it to buy toiletries we would need for our trip.

Speaking of trip, it has been quite hectic. My parents are leaving ahead of us so I commute back and forth trying to pack all of their items into 2 pieces of luggage.  My sister has come up with a very long list of items she needs from here so I'm afraid my parents might have to pay excess baggage.  I'm also worried that they are too old to be lugging heavy pieces of luggage off the conveyor belts at the airports. I know I worry too much but I believe these are valid apprehensions. 

Needless to say we are all very excited about our trip even though we are already quite tired from all the last minute trips to the stores. Not to mention the terrible traffic jams. But I managed to find time to snap a photo of the huge Christmas tree at the Atrium Wing of SM Megamall. It was adorned with Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuffed toys. Cuteness!


2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

there is some creative christmas tree decors around, but this one is the first one i've seen of this kind. i love it.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes very creative indeed! :D