Sunday, July 21, 2013

Memories that remain

This is one of my favorite ABBA songs.
She sings about a summer fling in Paris.
It reminds me of someone really special,
who shall remain nameless.
I still think of him often.
More often than I care to admit.
Perhaps too often than it is permitted.
It was many years ago.
Yet I still get nostalgic about it.
I remember it with fondness.

Our Last Summer
The summer air was soft and warm
The feeling right, 
The Paris night did its best to please us
And strolling down the Elysee
We had a drink in each cafe
And you
You talked of politics, philosophy and
I smiled like Mona Lisa
We had our chance
It was a fine and true romance
I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all walks along the Seine,
Laughing in the rain
Our last summer


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how songs take us down memory lane and sweep us into an indulgence only we know about. Secret indulgences, secret memories. Songs do that so well.

Photo Cache said...

Amen to Toni's comment. I find myself all too often take that very inviting door to memory lane.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes and I'm really glad hubby doesn't read my blog. Something tells me he won't like this particular post. :D