Thursday, September 20, 2018

Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte: Day 2

We were given two choices for our tour transport - either by tricycle or a private car. I decided it was safer to go for the private car even if it was more costly. So after an early breakfast, we were ready for our 7:30 AM tour. I picked the attractions which I deemed were accessible and less time consuming because we were to check out from the hotel at noon.


Beef Tapa with egg breakfast

Evangeline's breakfast plate


Our first stop - Bangui Wind Farm. A 10 minute drive from Pagudpud is the town of Bangui. We were driven to a rough road where we had to go down a few steep unpaved stairs to see the imposing windmills. The 20 units of 70 meters high wind turbines are lined along a 9 km stretch of the coast.







It was another really hot day so I was sweating profusely when we got back to the car to get to our next attraction - The Kapurpurawan Rock Formation in Burgos. We were required to pay 40 pesos as some environmental fee at the gate. It was a good thing I was wearing comfy shoes. One needs to climb down several steep stairs and then walk on a dirt path under the blazing sun to see the creamy white and streamlined limestone formation which was 'sculpted' by the weather and oceanic forces of nature. 




The rock formation is situated on a rocky portion and is nestled on the sea so it is not accessible by foot but we can admire its natural beauty from a safe distance.


Kapurpurawan Rock Formation

Kapurpurawan Rock Formation



You can go further into the path to get to the other side where you can explore the white limestone formations. But be careful as you will be walking on rocky and uneven surfaces which can be a bit slippery.








Aside from the rock formation, I like how you can still see the windmills looming in all its imposing grandeur. 



3 comments:

Kayni said...

I've never been to the Ilocos area. Beautiful photos and love the food photos. I got hungry just looking at them. It's 1 pm here and I'm just typing away at work. Well, I did find some down time (finally!) to check some blogs today. It's been really crazy schedule with my current job. I do miss blogging but finding the time is the problem now.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

It was my first time in Pagudpud. I've been to Laoag and Vigan before with my sister in 2005 I think, basta it was a long time ago.

I understand about the time constraints in blogging. I always find it my last priority nowadays, unfortunately!

Photo Cache said...

Very popular destination now. I see this from friends on Facebook.

Worth a Thousand Words