Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas in our Hearts

Here in the Philippines, once the month of September sets in - we will hear Christmas carols in the radio, on TV or online. I, maybe the only one who believes that the ninth month of the year is too early to get in the Yuletide mood. 

(1) Our family has yet to celebrate three birthdays. My hubby, my sister and mine, in that order.

(2) Another important 'holiday' which I faithfully observe has not yet occurred. That would be November 1-2, the All Souls and All Saints days.

(3) Four months is too long that by the time, December 25 rolls in, we are all stressed out, tired, and totally miss the real essence of Christmas.

I have always felt this way because perhaps in our party of 5, we are all adults. Surely, Christmas is mostly celebrated for the young ones and by young I mean kids from ages 1 to 12. Believe me, I tried to conceive and only ended up being frustrated, depressed and feeling like I am not a complete woman. That is another post or maybe not as it's very private, personal and very painful to talk about, let alone post about. Well, okay back to Yuletide cheers.

For the past seven or more years, we would all travel to where my sister works to spend the Yuletide holidays there. But as you are aware, the environment there is not too safe for now. Sister dearest will come home and spend the holidays with us, here in a somewhat cooler climate, mind you I didn't say colder!

So,  let me end with  my favorite portion of Jose Mari Chan's Christmas carol:

Let's sing Merry Christmas and a happy holiday
This season may we never forget the love we have for Jesus
Let him be the one to guide us as another new year starts
And may the spirit of Christmas be always in our hearts


picture c/o of sister dearest, taken at the
small but quaint parish where we would
hear Christmas day mass.

1 comment:

Kayni said...

I think what's most important is not losing the true meaning of Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ. I am quite looking forward to attending the Christmas Eve mass in Maryland. That Jose Mari Chan song never fails to put me in Christmas mood - anytime of the year lol.