Sunday, January 26, 2020

Chinese New Year 2020

I am gutted that our HK trip was postponed due to this Novel Corona Virus which started in Wuhan City in China.

We were supposed to leave today, early morning. But last night at around 7 P.M., we decided to postpone the month long visit to my sister dearest due to this highly contagious virus.

I am very sad, yet at the same time relieved that we would not expose my aged parents to this terrifying virus which mutates so fast! Very scary.

I won't go into the details of how this virus came about, I am sure you have all read about it on social media, the news and where ever you get your source of information.

I am very sad because we were all excited about this trip. To experience winter, yet again. To be reunited with sister dearest, who had many plans for our stay there. To celebrate Chinese New Year in the land of dumplings and dimsums. 

I am also very very irritated (to use a more PG word!) with the people who were extremely negligent and did not observe proper personal hygiene, got infected  with an animal to human disease and are now spreading it, globally. Such recklessly careless behavior!!!

But I know it is selfish, and yes I admit I am selfish when my travels plans are postponed. Airfares, travel taxes and hotel bookings (Macau side trip) cost a fortune so to merely forfeit it like that is very aggravating, indeed.

Let us all pray that the powers that be, with the medical industry contain this menace and also find a much needed cure for this contagious infection. 

2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

It's better safe than sorry, although I completely understand your frustration. I have a trip next month. I'm hoping that everything has subsided by then and even though we're not going anywhere near China, being cooped up in airplane for a long period can cause transfer of germs you know.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes I know that is why I did not want to risk my parents health but I still having a difficult time trying, pleading to companies for a refund! This further adds to my already frustrated nerves.