Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter Monday

Tis the day after Easter, in this part of the world - the enhanced community quarantine has been extended until the end of this month.

Frankly, I am doing alright.

Except, I'm missing craving for my favorite frappe and a donut because it is very very hot.

But I am doing alright.

I have worked from home for more or less a decade now.

So I am home all the time. Only difference, the hubby is also home.

It does take a bit of adjustment, for me.

I am used to having our tiny space, all to myself.

From 8 A.M until 9 P.M, every weekdays.

But I am doing alright.

We have enough supplies to last for about 10 days.

We have a roof over our heads.

We have our own separate offices.

But I DO miss my parents.

We see them every weekend.

Now resort to communicating through video calls.

But I am doing alright.

It feels a bit strange NOT to hear mass on Sundays.

It was equally difficult to observe the Holy Week.

The Holy Father Pope Francis saying mass in an empty Vatican was solemn and also quite sad.

But I am doing alright.

I leave you with a stunning performance by tenor Andrea Bocelli on Easter Sunday at the Duomo in Milan, Italy.

In 2000, my sister and I revisited Milan and even went up on the roof top of the Duomo for a great view of the city.

Seeing him sing there brought back so many memories of a period in my life.

I call my days of wine and roses.

A time when I was a carefree bon vivant.

But I am alright.

2 comments:

Kayni said...

Belated happy Easter! Yes, we'll be alright. My stay at home work situation has been extended until May 15.

Love the new template.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

May 15 is our anniversary - 12th this year.

Thanks - I searched for a new template because I was bored with the old one. It took a lot of tinkering with the html code. Finally got it right after several failed attempts. hehe

Stay safe Kayni!