As I mentioned in a previous post, D studied in an university in Malolos, Bulacan for his Master of Arts in Education major in Cultural Education.
So when he was preparing all the necessary requirements as candidate for graduation, we would drive (about one hour and 30 minutes) to Malolos ever so often.
I would then plan side trips within Bulacan to explore before our way back home.
One really warm and humid afternoon in June 2026, we drove to Marilao to visit this national shrine. 45 minutes away from Malolos, located in a main street bustling with foot traffic, tricycles, jeeps and private vehicles all jostling for position as it is typical in a provincial town.
Ample parking spaces, it is a sprawling compound with a grotto, giant stations of the cross, a wide open area with a massive statue of the Divine Mercy on top of a building and of course the main Parish itself.
It had just stopped raining so the grounds were wet amidst the stifling humidity levels which precipitated my active sweat glands to go into overload!
I actually miss our Bulacan adventures now that this phase is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment