Friday, March 05, 2004

Pain
I have no idea what brought it on.
Maybe I wanted closure.
But sometime around 3 AM Friday morning.
I told Iyad it was time for us to move on.
Everything I wanted to say in 2 long SMS messages.
Then I promptly switched my cellphone off.
I cried myself to sleep.
I woke up with a terrible headache.
Just in time to watch "Survivor".
Around 5pm, he replies back.
Ever so casually like it wasn't a big deal.
I cried again. I didn't respond back.
I know I will miss him
- when I'm still wide awake at the wee hours of the morning.
- when there will be good news & bad news I like to share.
- when I need someone to calm me down.
- when I just feel like hearing his voice.

The list isn't too long because I can't think clearly right now.
My heart is aching and I am keeping myself from messaging him.
I guess I'm not numb, after all.

No comments: