Thursday, April 01, 2004

Verbs
It amazes me
  • that my parents never run out of things to tell each other

  • that the 4 of us can talk endlessly

  • that Filipino guys don't turn me on, no matter how hard I try

  • that I believe the "15 year old" liquor ad is NOT offensive


  • It amuses me
  • that I only eat fruits when my parents stay at my place

  • when my sister and I talk about other people, in French

  • to watch CNN all the time

  • that I never run out of topics to blog about

  • to eat Lay's BBQ potato chips at 3:30 A.M.

  • to watch this French movie on TV 5

  • that it stars Yves Montand & Romy Schneider, actors of my childhood


  • It frustrates me
  • that the more I want to forget Iyad, the more I think about him constantly

  • that certain songs can make me cry in a jiffy

  • that I will never have closure with Caesar


  • It annoys me
  • when hairdressers insist I get my hair straightened

  • when products I have been patronizing vanish from supermarkets like Pillsbury toaster buns & Prego cream pasta sauce

  • when sales staff simply ignore me cause they assume I can't afford it

  • when some people say 'Wala nang pag-asa ang Pilipinas' ['The Philippines is hopeless']


  • It baffles me
  • that I'm not 'maternal', kids get on my nerves

  • that I don't believe in marriage

  • that I don't care if people think I'm snobbish

  • that most of my friends are online buddies yet they know me better than my 'real' friends

  • that despite its economic woes & undisciplined citizens, I still love my country


  • I would rather
  • be different than just go with the flow

  • be different than do things expected from me like get married & have kids

  • do the complete opposite than 'keep up with the Joneses'

  • Salesperson: Yes ma'am, your neighbor bought 4 of these items
    Me: Oh is that so? Nevermind I'm not interested. Thanks!

    No comments: