Thursday, May 27, 2004

Theater Thursday Week 2 - Trilogies
Trilogies have been popular in the movies for years. This week we look at questions based on some famous cinematic triumvarites:
1) The Back to the Future Trilogy sent Marty McFly 30 years into the future, 30 years into the past (twice!) and 100 years into the past. Which of these time periods would you like to visit in your 1.21 gigawatt-powered DeLorean, and why?
30 years into the future would be interesting to visit. It would give me an idea of what to avoid or change if my life isn't as I expected it to turn out in 30 years time. Oh geez I would be in my 60s by then. Yikes!

2) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was, of course, based on a famous trio of novels by JRR Tolkien. What sci-fi/fantasy/genre novels or series would you like to see turned into a Peter-Jackson-directed/George-Lucas-written/Steven-Speilberg-produced trilogy?
I'm not too keen on sci-fi/fantasy/genre novels or series.

3) Next summer, there will be two complete Star Wars trilogies in the history books. What's your strangest or most interesting Star Wars experience?
My only Star Wars experience is be amused/entertained while watching them. Sci-fi movies are not my cup of tea. But I still watch them though. Maybe just borrow them not on the big screen.

Bonus) While the Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones movies are currently only trilogies, plans are in the works for a fourth movie in both series. What trilogy might've been better served with a fourth movie? Which trilogy would've been better if they had left it at only one movie?
I would like to see a 4th Godfather movie. But that would be far fetched since they are based on novels by Mario Puzo. Since he has passed away I doubt it can be done. Jurassic Park would have been best with only one movie. There is only so much you can do with dinosaurs wreaking havoc on scientists and the general populace in general.

And remember, as the Terminator said in the first part of his famous trilogy, "I'll be back."


The Thursday Threesome
From the "Summer Plans" Department:::Learning to Ride::
Onesome: Learning-- Hey, what would you like to learn how to do this Summer? Learn to ride a motorcycle (like Sarah)? Learn PHP? Learn how to chill out and vegetate properly?
Learn to be more patient. Oh you meant a hobby? Nothing really.

Twosome: to-- Too? Two? Okay, two things you are positively not going to learn how to do! Ever!
Learn how to drive and learn from my past mistakes.

Threesome: Ride-- Speaking of motorcycles: Do you ride? Did you ever ride? ...or do you just enjoy them? ...or maybe, "No way!"?
I once rode at the back of one and it wasn't pleasant. It messed up my hair and I felt like my contact lenses were going to pop out of my eyes. So thanks for the ride but NO WAY I'm doing that again.

No comments: