Monday, July 19, 2004

Day 5 - Orchard Road shopping galore
(posted @ 01:30 a.m July 26, 2004)

We overslept and totally ignored our wake up call at 7 a.m. By the time we were all set for the day it was already 10 a.m. First we had to go to Park View Inn on North Bridge Road. Just a few blocks away to have our tickets validated at Emirates Airlines, which is code shared with Singapore Airlines. Long story of frequent flier miles redemption yadda yadda yadda. LOL
Our parents had gone off earlier to Orchard Road so we met them for lunch at Crossroads, the outdoor cafe of the Marriott Hotel. I ordered my favorite dish at this restaurant, the seafood Hor Fun. My sister ordered the prawn mee hon, Mom had the Hainanese Chicken Rice and Dad ordered the Char Kway Teow. Lip smacking good makan.
Then it was time for heavy duty shopping. First stop was the near by C.K. Tangs department store. Tangs is a special store for me. Know why? Ok I will tell you. It is only in Tangs that I get to buy shoes that fit me and they aren't even in the kids department. I ransacked the store and bought all these.
Next we hopped over to Wheelock Place to head over to Borders Book Store. One of the largest bookstores in Singapore next to Kinokuniya. We spent about 2 1/2 hours here just browsing at all the books. While my sister was checking out International Relations reference books, I sat down to read this book


Posted by Hello
Very interesting read!!! But unfortunately I didn't buy any books because it seems they are still cheaper here in Manila.
Our next stop was at the Wisma Atria which is mostly a boutique mall and rather expensive. It has a link way at the basement to the Orchard MRT station so it is a very convenient place to meet up with people. It also has an underground link way to Lucky Plaza, and Ngee Ann City. I rarely venture into Lucky Plaza and in fact avoid this mall at all cost. The only reason I go to Ngee Ann City is for its branch of Books Kinokuniya where I finished reading "The Veiled Kingdom".
We then crossed Orchard Road from Ngee Ann City over to the Paragon Shopping Center. We proceeded straight to Metro Department Store. By then I was already very tired but I still managed to try some outfits which unfortunately didn't fit me. That isn't unusual because if you have seen Singaporean women they are so thin that their clothes are sooo small you would think they were for dolls.
Just a few steps away is the Heeren which houses HMV the largest music store in Singapore. But I was no longer in the mood to browse at all the VCDS and CDs. Barely able to walk with all the shopping bags not to mention my stomach grumbling so loud, I went ahead to Centerpoint Shopping Center and sat down at one of the seats in front of the Giordano store. I just sat there almost in tears because my feet were in so much pain from walking since 10 in the morning. When they finally showed up, we made our way to Cuppage for dinner. We ordered Pepper Crab, Oyster Omelette, Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, Crispy Fried Baby Squid, Kaylan with Oyster Sauce and Beef with Pepper Sauce. The highlight of my day. All of my favorite Singapore food in one sitting. I even ordered extra rice. It was already past midnight when we headed back to our hotel. Extremely tired, feet swollen I took a very hot shower to relax, fell asleep with my hair still dripping wet on the pillow. LOL

No comments: