Friday, August 13, 2004

The Amazing Race, movies, bills & the Olympics
  • Current pit stop - Crocodile Island, still in Egypt.

  • Donkey rides are NEVER pleasant. I should know I rode one while exploring the ancient Nabatean City of PETRA in Jordan. I was utterly terrified I would fall off and break my neck. They do have a tendency to start braying so loud ... you'll get deaf!!

  • I acknowledge the fact that Marshall was in agonizing pain but I'm glad they are no longer in the race. Good riddance!

  • Nothing really great about seeing a shirtless Brandon. Too skinny!
  • I think it is unfair for the last team to go penniless in a non elimination round but hey I don't make the rules.
  • What else? Oh yeah ... Colin? He's a good racer but he should lighten up a bit.


  • Movies
    So yeah I've been catching up on some movies. Or least trying to. This despite the fact that I'm totally broke!
    I totally don't care that I missed the following films:
  • Spiderman 2
  • Imelda
  • Ella Enchanted
  • Cinderella
  • Garfield
  • a whole bunch of horror flicks
  • .
    I'm hoping to see
  • Catwoman - mainly because of him
  • Benjamin Bratt
  • The Village - just to see what the whole fuss is about! LOL

  • Sylvia - a bit depressing but contemporary history.

  • I Robot - mindless fun.

  • Bourne Supremacy - although the first installment was really disappointing.

  • Oh, by the way - King Arthur was horrible! I didn't bother to review it.

    Bills
    Alright so I paid my credit card[s] bills, today. Since most of the purchases were in Singapore Dollars and Thai Baht, I was prepared for the huge amount!
    What I didn't see coming was the increase in the parking slots dues.
    From P1,615 to P2,000! per month/slot. And I pay for 2 slots. WTF???!!! No explanation, no warning! Just like that ... BAM! I called this morning to inquire. Their reason ... rising oil prices!!! WHAT??? I'm the one with 2 cars they don't pay for the gasoline so what kind of a reason is that??? But useless arguing right?

    Olympics
    Is it just me or do we really don't give a damn about the Olympics nowadays? A total waste of money and effort! And did they know that August 13, 2004 was going to be a Friday the 13th?

    No comments: