Saturday, October 09, 2004

Luzon rocked by strong quake
Updated 01:25am (Mla time)
Oct 09, 2004
Inquirer News Service, INQ7.net, GMA7, Agence France-Presse

(5TH UPDATE) A strong earthquake struck Luzon at 10:36 p.m. Friday, measuring magnitude 6.2 on the Richter scale.
The epicenter was located 67 kilometers southwest of Tagaytay City, government seismologist Leonila Bautista said in a radio interview.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said in a statement it was of tectonic origin and originated from a depth of 94 km.
It was caused by the movement of the so-called Manila trench.
Click here for the rest of the story.

Alright so this is the second earthquake in a span of a few months!
But this one lasted longer than the one last September 16. I was helping my sister pack for her weekend trip to Cebu when the earth started to shake. I first noticed the little angels chime which hang from our ceiling start to sway and dangle. Then I had to sit down because I thought I was having a fainting spell. But no it was another earthquake! Is God perhaps sending us a sign? Gosh I hope not! It is starting to freak me out big time.

No comments: