Friday, September 23, 2005

A couple of memes and a picture
Friday's Feast
Appetizer
Name something someone has done lately that impressed you.
My sister's indefatigable determination to make her current project a success despite the bureaucratic system and the incompetence of the nincompoops she deals with.

Soup
Do you have any relaxing rituals? If so, what are they?
Get hair treatments, soothing massages at spas and go out of town to explore new places.

Salad
If you could spend the winter season somewhere other than your current location, where would you choose to stay?
Well boohoo we don't have winter here. Tough luck because I'm very much a winter person.

Main Course
When was the last time you had dinner out, and what was the name of the restaurant?
Last night, Mini Shabu Shabu at Edsa Shangri-la Mall.

Dessert
If you had a boat, what would you name it?
"D"


Meme # 2
1. Name something you are doing now which you would never had thought possible when you were 16.
The fact that I own my own place, I can sustain myself independently fills me with pride and joy. I'm eternally grateful too.

2. The last totally useless thing you bought:
Every single item I bought serves its purpose. I'm too cheap to buy useless things.

3. A nickname of mine nobody uses any longer:
Laurel

4. A major aim in your life you are still hoping to achieve:
Visit New York, the Pyramids and Istanbul.
Find someone I can grow old with, someone who will seduce me with his mind and someone you will accept me for who I am. Preferably he is just one guy not three different persons. Hehehe


5. The most stupid thing you did as a child:
I jumped out of the window of my kindergarten class because I wanted to go home. And home I went, I walked across a park and knocked at our door, pretended I was sick. My mother was aghast that a teacher didn't accompany me then she found out I escaped. She got really furious!

6. A poster I had in my room (which might even be slightly embarrassing today)
Poster of the group Menudo!

7. Your "biggest" appearance in the media (TV, radio, newspaper)
I was the editor of the school paper during my senior year in high school. Does that count?

8. Associations or Clubs I belonged to as a child:
None

9. Your favorite joke at the moment:
An elephant is drinking out of a river when he spots a turtle asleep on a log. The elephant ambles over and kicks the unsuspecting turtle clear across the river.
"Why did you do that?" asks a passing giraffe.
"Because I recognized it as the same turtle that took a nip out of my trunk 47 years ago."
"Wow, what a memory!" says the giraffe.
"Yes," says the elephant. "Turtle recall."


10. Where do you know the person who tagged you for this from?
I wasn't tagged, I stole it from his blog. :D


A picture
I added 1 more year to my age at Caylabne Bay Resort, last year. My birthday is coming up next month. But it seems this year, I don't have the luxury of time to go on a trip. In fact I realized I haven't traveled out of the country at all this year. Oh well.
"You can't always get what you want!"

Posted by Picasa

Caylabne Bay Resort

No comments: