Sunday, June 25, 2006

Crunch time
I'm off to my parents place shortly.
I'd probably stay there for the whole week.
Or maybe not.
My favorite teams Italy battle Australia on Monday and France play against Spain on Tuesday.
So even if the commentary would be in Japanese, it's fine.
The positive part is I get to see the games, live.
The drawback is I don't have Internet access there.
Thus I probably won't be able to bore you guys with my World Cup posts by blogging about it non stop. Heh =)
But that is just a minor inconvenience for a few days.
Surely I can survive without my computer.
Or can I?
We'll see.

Before I go.

A short tribute to the Swedish team.

Sweden 2006
They lost to the host nation Germany, last night.
With 2 goals to nil.
Young Lukas Podolski scored twice.
Sweden played with just 10 men.
After Lucic was given a red card.
Larsson could have made it 1 for Sweden.
BUT he missed the penalty shot. WTF???
Oh well!
Hasta la bye bye to Olof Mellberg, Freddie Ljungberg and most especially to you pretty boy, Henrik Larsson.
You should have scored that ONE goal against Germany but unfortunately you blew it. Such a disappointment!

In the second game, Argentina got quite a scare from Mexico.
Mexico scored first within 6 minutes of the game.
Then shortly after, Crespo (ARG) made it 1 for Argentina.
The score remained 1 - 1 for the rest of the match.
The game had to go to full extra time.
No golden goal rule is instituted for this World Cup.
Then a powerful kick from Maxi Rodriguez (ARG) found the net.
The 2nd half of the extra time found Mexico desperately trying with all their might to even the score.
But finally Argentina prevailed and won.
Argentina 2 - Mexico 1.
Who would have thought that Mexico would give the mighty Argentine team a game worthy of extra time.
Way to go Mexico! Great game.
The unpredictability factor of the game just strives on. Woohoo!

Alright I'm out of here. =)

No comments: