Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bicol Express



Last Sunday after hearing Mass, I treated my main man (my dad, of course!) to a Father's Day lunch treat. To my nosey friend who asked if I was going to treat D for Father's Day as well. Well duh you can just ask me if he has a child, no need to drop hints and fish for answers, alright? My answer is no. I don't have to. Ugh!

Afterwards, we went to fetch my sister from the domestic airport. She got back from yet another business/familiarization trip. This time from the Bicol region. Specifically Legazpi, Albay, Lake Buhi, Camarines Sur and Donsol in Sorsogon. She regaled us with stories of seeing Mount Mayon although its perfect cone was covered with clouds. The majestic Cagsawa ruins. Taking a boat tour of Lake Buhi which is a 1,800 hectare inland body of water and home to the Sinarapan (the world's smallest commercial fish - it is only 2.1 to 2.4 millimeters long!). She watched surfers wakeboarding at the CamSur Watersports Complex. But the most fun she had was swimming with the gentle giants, the Butanding. Oh you should hear her animated voice when she recounts the once in a lifetime experience of actually seeing those whale sharks up close and personal! Naturally, the gastronomic feasting on authentic Bicolano fare was also part of the whole agenda. And part of the pasalubong - pili nuts in all forms galore, suman and dishes like laing, bicol express (phew so tongue numbing spicy!). As well as a few abaca body bags and some more decorative items to adorn our loft. The whole trip was fabulously grand and appropriately captured to photographic memory.

No comments: