Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 1 Manila - Laoag - Vigan (July 4, 2007)
We took off after a delay of 40 minutes just sitting on a freezing plane with nothing to do. An hour later, our Cebu Pacific flight finally landed at the Laoag International Airport.

Laoag City International Airport

Sweating, huffing and puffing as we dragged our luggages, we boarded a jeepney from the airport to get to the Partas bus station. A fare of P121/pax will get you to Vigan from Laoag on an air conditioned bus with comfy seats and a TV to keep you occupied. I was tired from the flight and didn't feel well so amidst the growls of vampires and werewolves from "Underworld: Evolution", the film they were showing on TV, I managed to somehow rest a bit.

Villa Angela, Vigan, Ilocos Sur

After almost 2 hours, we finally got to Vigan and squeezed ourselves into a tiny tricycle to reach our hotel. An old mansion which they converted into a heritage residence called Villa Angela. The moment you step inside the imposing mansion, you feel like you walked back in time to a long forgotten era.

Living Room area at Villa Angela, Vigan

Dining Area, Villa Angela, Vigan

By this time I was boiling with fever, disoriented and completely faint, I simply plopped onto the 4 poster bed still dressed in my traveling outfit and slept. I was so delirious I started mumbling in my sleep!

Master Bedroom, Villa Angela, Vigan

I got up at around 6:30pm still feverish but quite famished. I insisted I was fine to go out for some Ilokano fare for dinner. We hailed a tricycle to take us to the town center. At Cafe Leona, we feasted on really delicious Morcon, some crunchy Bagnet (pork rinds) and tomatoes with Ilokano vinegar for seasoning. Yum!

Cafe Leona, Vigan

Ilokano Dinner

Back at the hotel after walking around the empty streets of Vigan, I was delirious and burning with fever yet again! A full stomach of Ilokano cuisine, I kept tossing and turning in bed BUT I kept my eyes shut throughout the night for fear that some white lady might haunt my feverish repose because I could hear the old wooden floors creaking every now and then. Yikes!

Good night sleep

No comments: