Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ocean Park HongKong: Day 3 (Feb. 7, 2009)

At 9:30am sharp, the bus picked us up from the hotel to take us to Ocean Park HongKong. The agreed pick up time was set at 4:30pm. We were then set loose at this marine themed amusement park.



We saw Le Le and An An, the cute giant pandas at the Panda Exhibit.





We rode the cable car to get to the Highlands portion of Ocean Park.



We watched the dolphin and seal show at the Ocean Theater.



We were awed by the colorful jelly fish at the Sea Jelly Spectacular and the marine life in the Atoll Reef.






The whole family rode the ferris wheel which wasn't as high as other ferris wheels. Then my sister and I had a quite a thrill on the Eagle. An amusement ride which turns in 180 degree circles clockwise going round and round as it soars all the way up then turns counterclockwise as it descends to the ground. For me though, my Gosh it was very traumatic. I was terrified the entire 8 minutes (I think) it lasted. I was screaming and had my eyes shut the whole time. After the ride touched down, I felt really dizzy and couldn't move. I admit I broke down and cried, cried and cried. It was embarrassing to say the least. A 40 year old woman crying after being taken for a "ride". But the adrenaline rush was simply too much for me to bear. I had to compose myself for a few minutes. I was sweating profusely even though it was cold. My parents kept fanning and gave me aspirin to calm me down. It is something I will never forget! And I swear I won't venture into an amusement park ride ever again. The only reason I agreed in the first place was to accompany my sister. D didn't join us because he had developed a headache by then.



I managed to calm myself down after splashing my face with water at the nearest restrooms. Then it was time to go back down to the Lowland Gardens. We were advised that it would take about 30 minutes to reach the exit so we progressed at a steady pace. My parents were already tired from walking all over the place. The way down is through the Ocean Park Escalator at 224 m (745ft), it is the second longest outdoor escalator in the world. It is outdoors, but weatherproof. There are 4 escalators and in between them, you catch a breathtaking glimpse of Repulse Bay in HongKong island.



You see the cute pink flamingo in the Lowlands Gardens




Then you wait for your bus at the assigned parking lot to come pick you up. Or you can take the city bus to take you to the Admiralty MTR station in downtown Kowloon.


No comments: