Thursday, December 17, 2009

Block 6

Indulge me a bit as I just ramble out several random thoughts for my final post for this year.

*** I'd say 2009 was a good year for D & D!
*** D went on his first ever plane ride in February as the whole family went to HongKong.
*** May 2009, we celebrated our first year as a married couple sans fanfare.
*** Simple yet meaningful are the words which embodies our marital life.
*** We have each other, we are in good health, we get by financially.
*** Psychologically, I tend to be too emotional for my own good.
*** While D the ever alpha male seems rather stoic and indifferent.
*** But I guess to each his own, right?
*** We lost Papa Wel in October.
*** I never met D's father but considered it a major lost, nonetheless.
*** We or rather I decided it was time for medical intervention in our quest to become parents sometime mid October.
*** Each doctor appointment are mostly on a positive note.
*** Although I certainly do not appreciate the tests during every visit.
*** Yet I'm willing to do my part and bear it with loads of meds and smiles.
*** I try not to be discouraged when my doctor says it will take several months to 'fix' me.
*** My faith in God is like a see saw, I'm not ashamed to admit that.
*** Sometimes I'm on a high complete with novenas, rosaries and daily masses.
*** Other times I just succumb to laziness, even rage.
*** Traveling is my only refuge.
*** Even if it means commuting to my former residence for a change of scenery.
*** Of course it doesn't compare to actually sitting on a plane and watching the clouds roll by.
*** There is just too much excitement and anticipation before any trip that requires a passport.
*** Yet I don't really like the part where you prepare, sort out, arrange every single detail to make sure the trip is hassle free.
*** I guess I'm not as young as I thought I was as I get tired easily after just a few minutes of packing.
*** I need distractions to get me going.
*** This in turn makes me panic that I am not focused enough and forget to pack a vital item.
*** It's tough alright.
*** It makes it tougher when I just underwent a horrific testing procedure a couple days before I travel.
*** My mother even berated me for doing so and she worries I might not be fit to travel.
*** She is wrong. I might complain left and right but I'm a tough cookie and stick to my plan once it gets rolling.
*** Time is too short to simply rest on my laurels.
*** So here I am blogging while the luggage is wide open and needs immediate attention.
*** I still feel pretty sore so I distracted myself with online time.
*** D's sked is still pretty hectic until tomorrow.
*** That is if you call attending Christmas parties, hectic!
*** But there is an attendance sheet they must sign to prove they were at the party.
*** Then he has band practice. He plays the drums.
*** And our flight is early morning Saturday.
*** I booked an early morning flight so we don't waste one whole day traveling.
*** I believe I've done most of the things I need to attend to aside from the actual packing.
*** All those chores you tend to take for granted but only realize how important they were when you are under time constraints.
*** I am going to be holed up in a flat somewhere in Block 6 in that cluster of units in the Lion City for roughly 2 weeks.
*** And I do intend to enjoy myself to the tilt.
*** Without feeling the need to blog every detail of my stay.
*** Hmm how do I end this?
*** Probably just wish you all my few yet loyal readers the Merriest of Christmas and all the best for 2010. =)


No comments: