Saturday, March 27, 2010

BP

It is important for one to maintain a normal blood pressure reading. Yet when people reach a certain age range, high blood pressure tends to be the norm. There are a lot of mitigating factors involved like age, stressful lifestyle and unhealthy diet habits. It can also be hereditary. Unfortunately, both my parents have hypertension. But so far I haven't been prescribed any maintenance dose to regulate my BP.

When we were still dating, D who has a full day schedule at work experienced headaches and dizziness. A check up with the physician revealed that he had high blood pressure. He was advised to maintain a blood pressure chart to monitor his BP, daily. Now like my parents he has to take maintenance dose as well. Plus he carefully monitors what he eats. More fruits and vegetables in his diet. Regular exercise and a clean living ( he doesn't smoke nor drink) lifestyle.

Of course, NOW he has me to keep reminding him to drink his 'vitamins'! Although I must admit he is pretty disciplined in sticking to a healthy lifestyle. I'm the one who tends to deviate from it. Hehehe :D

No comments: