Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mechanics of Blogging

When I first started blogging way back in 2003, I wasn't really aware of the technical aspects of blogging. It was simply an outlet for me to release my innermost thoughts. I was more prolific then and would just rattle off on anything under the sun.

Then as the years progressed, I'd say that blogging became more complicated. Suddenly terms like search engine optimization, blog rankings and backlinks became the norm. There was a need to increase the quality and the volume of traffic to and from one's site. The technical aspect of web marketing was vital. The need to have high profile rankings turned into an obsession.

Somehow blogging just for the sake of expressing opinions wasn't enough anymore. I wish things would be much more simple. That we would just go back to the basics of blogging. But I guess that seems like a futile idea.

No comments: