Saturday, October 30, 2010

Of manicures and weddings

Last Saturday, we attended a wedding. The dress code was strictly formal so I figured I needed to get a manicure and pedicure. Since I don't relish other people touching my feet, I decided to do it myself.

My usual nail polish color is flaming red. I started with my toes first then struggled a bit with my fingers since I'm not really a professional manicurist. While I was drying them off, D asked me nonchalantly "What color is your dress?" I answered "purplish pink".

Then I promptly changed the color of my nail polish to mauve. You must be wondering "why?"

Well in my 2 years of marriage, I've somehow learned whenever D asks me something about my wardrobe, it either means:

(1) I need to change to something more 'suitable' for his conservative taste - no cleavage, no short skirts, no flimsy attires.

(2) I have to tone down my wild ways - flaming red nail polish on my fingers is too (for lack of a better word) vampy and scandalous!

(3) I need to act my age, period!

Blah. :D

No comments: