Monday, November 08, 2010

Ancestry

This past weekend we finally had the chance to go visit our dearly departed loved ones. First stop was the Loyola Memorial Park in Sucat Paranaque where my maternal lola and lolo are buried. I have fond memories of my grandparents. Even though when I was younger I was really scared of them because they were very strict disciplinarians. Their Spanish style house was always a buzzed with activities like family gatherings to celebrate every occasion.

The young ones were taught to only speak when spoken to, not to make too much noise and to finish everything on our plate. Unfortunately, that ancestral house has longed been sold but I can still distinctly remember the antique muebles. Their rustic bedroom furniture were reminiscent of the colonial times. It always felt like it was part of another era. An era long forgotten in the annals of history.

No comments: