Sunday, January 09, 2011

Light and easy Sunday

On the 7th day of the week, I like to take it easy. It helps that D is home so I am spoiled and pampered since he would do most of the household chores. This includes cooking so I'm also well fed. Yes I know I am very blessed and lucky. =)

I used to listen to the radio quite a bit when I was still single. It kept me abreast of songs which top the current billboard charts. But nowadays, my transistor radio has mostly ran out of batteries and I always forget to replace them. But thankfully there is always YouTube for me to get my music fix. And I also get to watch the videos so that is an added bonus.

I listen to a wide variety of songs. They can range from French songs, hits which were blasting on the air waves in the 70s, 80s and 90s to current chart busters. More often than not, I end up singing along even though sometimes I am out of tune. Well it depends on the song, really.

My LSS lately is "Just the Way You Are" by the latest sensation Bruno Mars. He happens to be half Pinoy, by the way. His mother is Pinay and he was born and raised in Hawaii. And if you look at him, he looks Pinoy in every sense of the word. I like the animated artwork in the video and admittedly even though the lyrics are mushy and a bit corny, they speak out to me in many ways. In fact it makes me think of my beloved hubby even though clearly the song is dedicated to a female.

Enjoy!

No comments: