Sunday, March 20, 2011

Forever in Blue Jeans

I usually devote Sundays to listening to songs from my distant past. I think I've always been an old soul even when I was quite young. My musical influences were usually the artists whose records/albums my parents would play incessantly on their record players or cassette tapes. CDs didn't exist back then. So in my adulthood songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s still hold fort in my heart.

One of my fave singers is Neil Diamond. His deep rashy voice is very melodic. He sings about his childhood growing up in New York. His ballads talk about loneliness and lost loves. Most of his songs are quite easy to sing along to. He is known for hits like "Sweet Caroline", "I Am ... I Said", "Cracklin' Rosie", "September Morn", "Play Me" and many more. My sister told me that she is reminded of me when she hears "Forever in Blue Jeans" because I'm now always wearing jeans. :D

My fave song of Neil Diamond is a poignant piece called "The Story of My Life". Do listen carefully to the words and let them warm your heart and touch your soul.


No comments: