Saturday, October 17, 2015

October Fest

The 10th month of the year is special for our family.
For one, my sister and I are both October born babies. Secondly, the weather is more pleasant so I am in a 'fresh' state of mind. But it seems I am now in the early stages of pre-menopause as I have 'hot' flashes all the time and sweat profusely despite the cooler climate. Major discomfort, I tell you!
Lastly, we finalize our Christmas vacation plans. But this year, we are staying put as my sister has scheduled her surgery early week of December. This worries me immensely but an operation is the only option to her current health condition.

Luckily, my sister's birthday falls on a holiday in the place where she works so she can take some time off to come home and spend it with her family. This year, she managed 12 days leave. We celebrated her birthday with hearing the family tradition of First Friday mass, lunched at one of her favorite restaurants to dine in whenever she is in town.

Kare Kare, Bouillabaisse Soup and Pancit Canto (for long life)

Crispy Pata and Ginataang Kuhol (Snails)

All smiles before feasting @ Barrio Fiesta

We bonded over coffee and capped the night with Thai cuisine for dinner. D was able to join us as classes were suspended due to the aftermath of a torrential downpour.
Thom Yum Soup @ Soi Thai
Chicken Satay @ Soi Thai
Spring Rolls @ Soi Thai
Chicken Pandan @ Soi Thai

Phad Thai @ Soi Thai


With the waiter taking our picture in the background he he he


No comments: