Friday, December 01, 2017

Intramuros: Fort Santiago

I believe it is imperative for a citizen of any country to know about their rich historical past. As well as the heroes (both men and women) who fought valiantly (either through the power of the pen or the mighty sword) for them to enjoy their rights as a freedom loving population of a democratic nation.

One of my favorite things to do is to visit museums so I can get a broader sense of its history and how it has evolved through the years to its current state.

So I was really glad when Dong's nieces suggested we visit Intramuros (the Walled City) because it proves they too are keen on acquainting themselves with our glorious and significant past.








Manila Cathedral


It was early Sunday morning but the sun was already blazing. The high humidity level sent beads of sweat rolling down my haggard face and my back as we explored on foot. Entrance fee to Fort Santiago is 75 pesos/ adults.

Fort Santiago Entrance


















The Rizal Shrine Museum inside Fort Santiago deserves a separate post ... so to be continued ... also it is time for me to exercise. =)

No comments: