Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Casa Almarenzo Bed and Breakfast, Bolinao Pangasinan

A quick search of the available hotels in Bolinao revealed that most of them are beach front resorts while a few were located near the town proper. I wasn't keen on booking a beach front resort because I conditioned my mind that Pagudpud would be the better locale for us to frolic in the beach. I read countless reviews, checked if the rates were within my budget, its proximity to attractions, if the rates came with free breakfast and whether they had a secure parking space.

Casa Almarenzo Bed and Breakfast was a relatively new establishment, also on Patar Road where most, if not all of the hotels/resorts were located in Bolinao. It does not have its own beach yet has an infinity pool which was swarming with guests because the climate was really warm.

We were given a room on the second floor which also had another room but a dormitory type. The occupants were really noisy as they chatted away the entire night in the porch area of the balcony that was located right outside our tiny room! I am a light sleeper so I hardly slept even though I was really tired. On the other hand, D slept like a baby. Not fair!









Pictures of the sunset and the sunrise taken from the balcony outside our room.

The sun setting over Bolinao

Sunset

Early morning shot before sunrise

Sunrise at 05:33 AM

Wakey wakey the mighty sun is up 
After a hearty breakfast, it was time to head to our next destination. Unfortunately, we ran out of time to explore the other attractions on my list like visiting a supposedly enchanted cave, going on a river cruise as well as hiking to some waterfalls.

In fact, we saw a sign posted on the road leading to some waterfalls. It was off the main road. After 2 minutes of going deeper into some forested, jungle like setting on an unpaved dirt road, I told D we should just return to our hotel. I did not want to get stuck in this isolated area as our vehicle was not a SUV, we also had no idea how far away the waterfalls was (there were no more signs) + my phone lost its signal.

So someday, we shall visit Bolinao again! =)

No comments: