Monday, June 25, 2018

May 22: Vigan Day 1

We arrived in Vigan at 5 P.M. and headed straight to our hotel. The Hotel Veneto de Vigan on Bonifacio Street is quite near to the famed Calle Crisologo. With our car securely parked inside the hotel premises, we decided to go explore Vigan on foot. It wasn't sunny anymore but quite humid as we walked, walked and walked all over. 















It started to drizzle when we reached Plaza Salcedo which is located in front of the Vigan City Hall. So we decided to have an early dinner at Cafe Leona. The restaurant in Calle Crisologo is named after Leona Florentino, an Ilokano poetess, satirist and playwright. Naturally, we ordered some Ilokano dishes to satisfy our appetite. While dining, a heavy downpour with massive lightning reigned outside for about 20 minutes or so. I didn't mind as I was savoring my Vigan longganisa, small bagnet pieces, bowl of pinakbet, fried boneless bangus and lomi because I wanted some soup.



It was a bit cooler when we walked back to the hotel. Buying some pasalubongs along the way. My sense of direction is not good, never was. We got lost getting to the hotel because I insisted we were on the right path. Until D just asked someone because we kept going around in circles. LOL My bad!


No comments: