Friday, December 14, 2018

October 19, 2018:The Parisian Macao

My dream destination is Paris, France which is my favorite city in the whole world. The last time I was there was in 2001. So when I turned 50 and I didn't have the means to go to Paris, I decided on the next best (nearer) thing - Macau! We have been going to Macau as a side trip from HK for several years now. Its latest attraction was The Parisian Macao with a miniature Eiffel Tower in front of its majestic hotel. So yes, I got to realize a dream - to climb the Eiffel Tower - even if it was just a replica. The original Eiffel Tower was only a backdrop in my numerous pictures in Paris. We never got the chance to go to the top because we didn't have the patience nor the time to line up for hours. Naturally, there are many other activities to do in the City of Lights, than stand in line!
Pictures of my 50th birthday spent in The Parisian Macao.






Chinese fare for birthday lunch

After lunch it was time to see le Tour Eiifel








The elevator to get to the top/viewing deck










snack time -Belgian waffles,speculoos & orange juice
in Liege which is a town in Belgium


Capped the day with French cuisine for dinner at La Brasserie
Looking back it seems we spent the entire day, my birthday inside The Parisian. It was a fun filled day and I am really grateful to my generous sister dearest for my "French" treat.

2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Oh happy belated birthday. Sorry, was so busy with so many things, I am even thinking of cutting back on blogging, because I really don't have time anymore.

Anyway, my friend told me that Macau is just like Vegas, but I'm sure the food is special because of its Portuguese influence.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Thanks Maria. No worries. I too understand how time consuming blogging can be. But sometimes, I get into the mood of writing so I post every now and then.