Saturday, October 19, 2019

I am FIFTY ONE (51) today!

Wow, would you look at that? My previous post was almost a year ago! 

I blogged about my 50th birthday vacation in Macau with my sister.

This year has been filled with several museum visits, a fun filled overnight hotel stay and all the in between days which gave me much joy so blogging about them will surely add more happiness, right?

So today as a fifty one year old person, I promise I will blog more. This will happen once I find the original cable of my iPhone so I can transfer pictures to my laptop. It must be here somewhere, just too tired and lazy to search for it.

So far, it is now 3:03 P.M. in the afternoon, I got nothing planned.

D is in school (studying for his masters, not teaching) pretty much the whole day so I precisely did not make any restaurant reservations, bookings or whatever activity one does to celebrate a birthday.

I am always grateful for the life I have made for myself. Although it could be so much better, believe me. LOL 

In this regard, a song (Love The One You're With) by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young comes to mind, as I type my thoughts here.


And there's a rose in a fisted glove 
And eagle flies with the dove 
And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with
Love the one you're with


The lyrics talk about pining for someone who is either far away or someone who is already 'taken' but instead of being frustrated, you learn to love whoever is with you now,  accept him wholeheartedly, his flaws et al - the whole package.

Although the song talks about love, I now adapted these lyrics to my life. Surely, there are many things I want, I long for (both material and non material) but at this juncture,  I am loving the life I have. 

Amen.

2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Cheers!!!!! Let's enjoy our golden years. I'm 3 yrs older :)

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Sure let us have a blast!! Wow I always thought you were younger than me hehe