Friday, May 15, 2020

12 years

Today 12 years ago, I got married to a kind and funny soul. 

We met on Friendster - an online avenue to stay in touch with friends.

Eventually, Friendster shut down and replaced by a gaming site.

But I am glad to say we are still going strong. =)

The first 3 years were chaotic.

A blurry period of hospital visits.

Blood extraction, TVS ultrasounds, daily intake of fertility medicines.

A few months of HGC injections every other day.

All of which were unsuccessful.

Nights crying to sleep, even crying when I saw babies anywhere.

One day, I had enough.

It was draining our savings.

Taking a huge toll on my sanity.

D agreed and to date that is the best decision we made.

We might not be parents but we have each other.

So for me, that is a big bonus.

You see, if you asked me at 26 years old.

Or even when I was 34 years old.

The last thing I wanted was to be tied down by marriage and kids.

Now 12 years later, I am now married.

Without kids, but life is good.

I have supportive parents.

A generous sister.

A roof over our heads.

Food to eat.

Luxuries to boost.

So I am thankful and blessed.

I do have one item on my wish list.

Our own house.

But for now, it remains a dream.

Today, it is a stormy day.

And we still have a pandemic to deal with.

But we can weather any dark clouds.

With.

More prayers.

More saving.

One day, some day.

A tiny house to call our own.

No more pandemic.

No more storms.

Until then, I remain grateful.

Content.

Blessed.

Amen. 

4 comments:

Kayni said...

Happy Anniversary!

You two had a rough experience with the HGC and meds, but it seems that things are looking up and you're both at a happy place.

Sometimes, I ask myself if we'll be missing something by deciding not to have kids because of my health history, but then it passes. It doesn't bother me anymore. Our furry kids give us so much happiness lol.

You two stay in love and stay strong. I'm praying for you both, and I'm praying you'll get your very own house soon. Just make sure you have an extra bedroom for me when I visit lol.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes we are in our happy place. No more meds, injections, hospital visits. Peaceful.

I don't get emotional anymore. I am stronger and a better person than I was 12 years ago.

Many prayers help me a lot.

Sure, we will have extra bedroom for you and Jeff when you visit. =)

Photo Cache said...

Sending all my love to you and D. Unfortunately or fortunately, we are on the very same boat. It was difficult. Tough to completely embrace the failure. At one point, a wise lady told me to spend time to "grieve" because that was what it was, the death of a lifelong dream, when we failed to get pregnant.

Now we are proud parents to two cats, :)

Happy happy anniversary!!!!!

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Thanks Maria. That is one wise advice! I believe I grieved for about 2 years, it wasn't easy but the sooner I accepted our decision, the more peaceful I felt.

I am not a pet person so even if D wants a pug I refuse to give in to his request. :D